Translate

Tuesday 30 December 2014

Year-End Review


2014 passed swiftly that I still can't believe it's the end already. I am thankful for all the lessons that I got, the places that I've been and  the people I've met. 

1) January: We were able to visit Davao and be with my husband's family during the New Year of 2014. We experienced Samal Island for the first time and braved the Sky Cycle at Eden's. (See complete post here)



2) February: I remember how we made our Valentines special by just staying at home and watching our favorite TV show. I cooked a special meal and it was a time of laughter and conversation. 

I also had the chance to visit Enchanted Kingdom for the first time with my dear college girl friends. It's funny that I've been to different places already but never to this popular theme park near Manila. 


3) March: This is our month- Nems and I. We celebrated our first year anniversary and his birthday in the island of Palawan. We did a DIY tour in Puerto Princesa, El Nido and Coron in 6 days. (See my complete post here)


4) April: April was work, work, work for me. I thank God for the gift of work at home. I don't need to face the horrible traffic in Metro Manila and I get to meet wonderful people in Japan everyday. (Interested in teaching English online? Check this website: www.rarejob.com.ph)

5) May: I had the chance to join the class that I taught during the second semester last year. I was able to go to Northern Thailand and Laos for the first time. (And until now, I haven't even blogged about it.)
Hugged by two elephants in Chang Mai

Queen's Garden near Mae Sai, Northern Thailand

6) June: It was the start of a wonderful semester at Messiah College. I taught two subjects and in my two years of teaching there, this semester is by far the most memorable. Some of the stories that I wrote for Go and Tell Publishing got published too! :)

7) July: I joined a course about business that opened my eyes for plans in the coming years. It has been a blessing being at that class. I am also grateful that Nems and I finally belonged to a family church near our home. It was a blessing being part of that small community where everybody knows everyone.

8) August: I also had a chance to lead a group of young women. It is called GReG which means Gold Refining Group. Even though it was just short, I was able to learn a lot from the 6 teens. It was rewarding to have journeyed with them,

9) September: I couldn't remember any special thing that has happened but I know I was busy with work. In spite of that, I thank the Lord for a gift of companionship through my husband who's always there to support me.

10) October: It was goodbye time for me as I announced my last semester at Messiah College. We found out that we will move to Singapore. 

I specifically remember my time with GReG during our community service at Cainta and the youth program that we did for the community. It was a memory worth remembering.

11) November: It was time to say goodbye to the Philippines, to my house of almost two years, to our parents and to the people I call friends and sisters. I was sad but at the same time excited for new things in our life.

We were able to find the perfect place for us- small but private and comfortable. I have never imagined living in a country like Singapore but here I am, God has placed us here and we are grateful.

Faber Peak, Singapore

12) December: I feel like December was so long because a lot of things has happened.
We found a community church- orchestrated by the Lord. It is amazing how God has brought us to the church that we have been praying for.

My dad had a heart operation. Though it nearly cost him his life, I praise God for the second chance to live. This has been one of the highlights of my year and I will be forever grateful to the people who helped and prayed for us and most specially to our Life Giver, Jesus Christ.

We didn't feel like celebrating my birthday this year but my husband took me to Kuala Lumpur. Been there five years ago and a lot of things has changed already. I have changed. I still remember the letter that I made for my future husband that last night at KL. After five years, there I was again... with my husband. God is indeed faithful. 

(Left:2009- Right: 2014)

I am confident that the coming year will be brighter! More places to see, more people to meet, more difficult tasks to take, more challenges along the way! Only one thing remains: Christ's presence wherever we go. #journeyto30 

No comments:

Post a Comment